Our client, a forward thinking, dynamic and professional building services company are currently looking to recruit a Gas Engineer (Service and Maintenance)
Reporting to the Contracts Manager you will be you will responsible for carrying out the service, maintenance and reactive repairs at a variety of client premises in Guildford and surrounding areas.
As the Gas Engineer, you will be required to carry out the following duties:
- Undertake service, maintenance and reactive repairs.
- To undertake the reactive and planned maintenance of Combustion Appliances, to ensure compliance with the specification, PPM, Schedules and Procedures.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using the necessary equipment to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Complete all necessary service report, certificates and issue recommendations for further works.
- Implement proper and comprehensive fault diagnosis and execute repairs in a professional manner
- Work to agreed RAMS and follow contract rules
- Undertake all works in accordance with H&S policy and safe working practices
- Organise the replenishment of vehicle stocked parts
- Provide detailed quotations where works exceed client limits
- Attend all call outs within the agreed radius of your home when on call
- Provide support to team members and provide technical advice when needed
- Be part of the on-call rota – 1 in 4
The successful Gas Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
- Domestic and Commercial Gas qualifications
- Good oral, written communication skills.
- Good technical knowledge as well as the ability to multi task
- Ability to plan and priorities own workload to deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and on your own initiative
In return you will receive a competitive salary, company van and fuel card + benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive and dynamic company with great scope for progression.